IPMC Board report - missing podling reports
Justin Mclean
2018-12-05 23:26:10 UTC

We’ve got a number of podlings expected to report this month but missing from the report, they include:
BRPC
DLab
IoTDB
Marvin-AI
OpenWhisk
Pinot

Unless they get their reports in ASAP they will be noted in the report and be asked to report next month.

I notice DLab has a report on it’s dev list but not submitted it, can one of the PPMC or mentors help out here?

Thanks,
Justin
Justin Mclean
2018-12-05 23:51:34 UTC

Looks like OpenWhisk and IoTDB also had reports on their dev list. I’ve submitted the IoTDB one. If one of the mentors or PPMC members of OpenWhisk please submit their report.

Thanks,
Justin
Justin Mclean
2018-12-06 22:29:10 UTC

3 podlings have failed to report on time and will be asked to report next month. They are Dlab, Marvin-AI and Pinot.

If the mentors of these projects would be so kind to make the following happen it would be appreciated:
a) That the PPMC is encouraged to discuss the report (preferable on-list) ahead of the deadline.
b) That all the PPMC members are signed up to the dev and private lists and so see the report reminders or email about late reports.
c) That the PPMC is aware that it is their responsibility to create and submit the report.
d) Someone responds to the report reminders so it's known it’s been worked on.
e) That the next report now due in a month is submitted before the deadline.

A good indication of mentor inactivity is not submitting reports in on time, and while missing one is not a big deal but if several in a row are missed it a good indication that the podling probably needs new mentors. Podlings if you mentors are not helping you (and I’ve not looked to see if they are) please bring this up on the the general@ incubator list and we’ll try to help.

Thanks,
Justin
P. Taylor Goetz
2018-12-07 16:58:26 UTC
Hi Justin,

DLab prepared a report and posted it to the dev@ list, but unfortunately we mentors failed to get it posted to the wiki.

I’ve since posted it. I’ll work with the podling to get them access to the wiki.

-Taylor
Hi,
Justin Mclean
2018-12-07 20:15:42 UTC
Do you know why this is the case? Reminder were sent to the dev list and this list. Are the mentors signed up to the dev list or this list? Are the mentors active? Does the project need new mentors?
Post by P. Taylor Goetz
I’ve since posted it. I’ll work with the podling to get them access to the wiki.
Thanks for that. However I had already reflowed the report (lines need to be a maximum of 76 character and no double blank lines) and now will need to do so again. late reports cause extra work.

Thanks,
Justin
Dave Fisher
2018-12-07 20:27:35 UTC
Sent from my iPhone
Hi,
Post by P. Taylor Goetz
I’ve since posted it. I’ll work with the podling to get them access to the wiki.
Thanks for that. However I had already reflowed the report (lines need to be a maximum of 76 character and no double blank lines) and now will need to do so again. late reports cause extra work.
Since Mentor signoff is due next Tuesday then you may need to reflow at that time.

Regards,
Dave
Post by Justin Mclean
Thanks,
Justin
P. Taylor Goetz
2018-12-07 20:56:10 UTC
Post by Justin Mclean
Do you know why this is the case?
I forgot, and until today didn’t have access to the machine with all my Apache credentials.
Post by Justin Mclean
Reminder were sent to the dev list and this list. Are the mentors signed up to the dev list or this list? Are the mentors active? Does the project need new mentors?
2/3 mentors are active. 3/3 are signed up for both lists. I don’t feel the project needs additional mentors, but am open to adding a mentor if there’s interest.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

-Taylor
Justin Mclean
2018-12-07 21:24:18 UTC
Post by Justin Mclean
Reminder were sent to the dev list and this list. Are the mentors signed up to the dev list or this list? Are the mentors active? Does the project need new mentors?
2/3 mentors are active. 3/3 are signed up for both lists. I don’t feel the project needs additional mentors, but am open to adding a mentor if there’s interest.
Thanks for checking that all sounds fine to me and nothing more needs to be done.

Justin